Data View Question - how to display?

Hey there! I’m trying to understand the Data View component. I am feeding JSON into the data source parameter (trying to go direct just to get it working), but I cannot get anything to display:

Is there something more I need to do? I tried calling the data view data in a bootstrap table generator, but I don’t get any information in there either. I know there is something simple I am probably missing!

My markup is totally empty in the browser:

Have a look at the Demo Dynamic Real Estate Site that comes with Wappler.

You can’t just paste a remote URL in the data view data source field:

If you want to connect to an external data source, then create an API Data Source step first, and use your url there. Then use the dynamic picker to select the API data source as a dynamic data source for the data view.

If you want to use the json data source, then use the dynamic picker to select the json data source as a dynamic data source for the data view.

1 Like

Awesome! I think I am getting it… Thanks @ben for recommending the tutorial. That has helped a ton! I’m working now to get the filter inputs all set.

Thank you for this! I totally thought the data view could consume data directly, as opposed to needing to pull it from another step. Thank you!

OK! I am successfully filtering now :slight_smile: One more question for the moment. I am trying to make sure all my data elements show up, and then filter only when someone types into a text box. I believe it is very similar to this post:

But how would I write the expression for contains() or fuzzymatch() in the Filter parameter of the data view properties? I think if I can do this, I should be all set!

This is my current code, but I get this error in the console:

Formatter lowercase in expression [user.id.lowercase().contains(text1.value)] doesn’t exist for type string