Custom google maps api entry destroyed

I really hope so. It’s caused me all kinds of problems with maps suddenly stopping working. I had v4 running alongside so have been using that but now that v5 is out of beta, v4 is no longer installed so I’m having to use VSCode to edit files again after saving every time.

Yes same here, but I use github desktop to discard the changes.

Can anyone confirm that this issue is fixed in todays update? Otherwise I will have to stick to 4.9 for the coming weeks.

It’s not in the fixes list. Updating now so will let you know shortly.

UPDATE: Not fixed I’m afraid.

1 Like

Bummer

This is what happens as soon as you save the file:

This has not made it in today’s update.
Will be fixed in next update.

Also this is a different issue than the one reported here. Please post different issues in different topics! Also make sure to explain what page is that, what do you have on it, what page are you saving etc.

Teodor, in my experience Ken’s original issue is the same as sitestreets as my issue. The api key is removed upon saving anything.

1 Like

For anybody that has already left version 4, you could mark your layout as read-only so at least the file cannot be saved once it is edited. Not great, but would at least prevent surprises.

For me, it looks like a month on beta 10 and 4.9.1 depending on the project.

1 Like

I’m using PHP so am not working with layouts. I now have to remember when saving any files which have maps on to open them in VSCode and put the API key back in. I must admit it’s driving me slightly nuts as I’ve forgotten on a few occasions and broke the functionality on the site without realising.

Ya remembering things is not a great workflow. :slight_smile: It is the sole reason I have retained 4.9.1.

Yeah. It was fine when v5 was in beta as I could have both installed and just switch back to v4 when working with anything containing a map but that’s no longer an option.

Oh no, how many weeks do we need to wait with the holiday break included? @Teodor

I need to reset my countdown. It’s a shame this didn’t make it this week.

1 Like

I just noticed that you’re about to go on your summer break. Can a fix for the maps api key be released before you head off @Teodor?

1 Like

This has been fixed in Wappler 5.0.2

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.