CSV import only works with csv formatted with double quotes around cell contents?

Ok the actual csv import does work really well when the csv file has all the cells enclosed by double quotes
BUT…
I am pretty sure however it will not work when trying to import a csv created in google sheets and excel.
I have not found a simple way of exporting from excel and google sheets double quotes around all of the cells.

My clients will not spend ages trying to get google sheets and excel to play nicely.
I have also just discovered that importing xml files when using node.js doesn’t work either.

What is the solution?

There’s not such a rule that the csv import requires double quotes.

“The import doesn’t work” really tells us nothing.
Please provide more detailed description/screenshots of how is the import step set up. Also please provide the exact error message you see following this:

Teodor, you are totally right!!
After getting an initial error message, reading the forum and falling down a rabbit hole I assumed that double quotes were essential for csv import to work. Retried without double quotes and everything works perfectly…

1 Like

Slighly off-topic, but in case it’s useful: CSV import doesn’t only import CSV files. It can also import tab-separated files etc:

3 Likes