Convert Database Query to a Database Paged Query

Thanks George, however I figured that out some time now…lol

1 Like

This has been integrated in Wappler 2.4.5

Now you can change the database query type using a dropdown.

1 Like

This new Wappler 2.4.5 feature of “easily change the Query Type between Multiple Records, Single Record or Paged Records” sounds really interesting to me, but I’m not clear on the difference between each of these three options.

Can someone put it in context for me by replying with quick examples/scenarios of when you’d use each of the three?

Thanks!

The names are pretty much self explanatory :slight_smile:

Database Query
This step allows you to create a database query, which returns all the records which match the conditions.

Database Paged Query
This step allows you to create a database query, which can be limited to show certain number of records per page. The results can be used with paging controls on your page.

Database Single Query
This step allows you to create a database query which returns a single record. That’s really useful in cases where you filter your data and expect a single result to be always returned, like retrieving the logged in user info, or a product detail etc.

1 Like

I’ve updated to 2.4.5 but can’t find that dropdown! Can you give me a clue?

Well, select your query in the server action steps and you will see it in the properties panel :slight_smile:

That’s exactly where I looked expecting it to be there… but it’s not! Can you give me a screenshot?

1 Like

That’s where I thought it would be but it’s definitely not there for me.

1 Like

Weird :slight_smile:
Try uninstalling and reinstalling Wappler to see if that will help.

I’m on a Mac. Any risk of losing anything like settings?

I can confirm it is not there on a Mac.

That’s strange.
@George will check this.

1 Like

Mac users can follow this guide to refresh all the extensions:

Ok, just did that but it didn’t help.

ah sorry guys … forgot to include the update of one file for the mac installation…

Will do it in the next update.

4 Likes

Thanks @George. Will this be in four weeks or are you able to squeeze it out before then just with that fix? :slight_smile:

1 Like