Context Sensitive Help

Suggest that a context sensitive help provision be installed in the Wappler app.

This is also a great idea. Initially I was thinking to implement this just as an extra inline panel like the file manager and server connect, but after a second thought I decided that a floating window with searchable index might be a better idea. So you can read and execute at the same time.

What do you think?

Another idea is having guided tours, but I’m not sure if people really like those as everybody is in such a hurry these days

Love the idea of the searchable index, the guided tour is also great, even for us seasoned developers, I don’t know about others but speaking for myself, i tend to get stuck in my ways of doing certain things in a certain way, even though i am almost certain there are possibly better ways built right into your tools that would make the job 100 times easier, if there were guided tours i would certainly do them just to get a feel for the intended ways you designed the software to do things.
Hope that makes sense.

That’s me - always in a hurry :sunglasses:

I like the idea of the floating window w/search. It offers more scalability for extended help topics as well as finding topics with uncertain search words. Plus the user can place the window to the side to reference as he works.

1 Like