Contact form not sending

Hi,

This is my first try with contact from in Wappler and I can’t get it to work.
And yes I did upload all the folders/files.
https://vr-surlepouceinc.com/new1/index.php
Here is what I have done so far;
contactform-properties

Everything look fine to me but maybe I am missing something?

@Webjack357 as described in the docs, you should make your form - server connect form by clicking the “make server connect form” button in form properties.
Then select the send mail action for it.
Also - auto submit should not be turned on, as this way the form will submit empty on page load.

Ok so it would be like this?
server-connect

Still northing happen when I click on Submit…And yes button type is set to “Submit”.

Could it be because I am actually testing the site from a sub folder (temporarily for testing purposes) and not from the site root?

We have a very good article explaining how to debug such issues:

OK so here’s what I get from the debug console:

I don’t see any error about the form…Note that I have no database stuff just a simple form with name. Email and message.

Please after you open the XHR tab try to run the server action - i.e. fill and submit the form, so you can see the error returned by it.

That is exactly what I did at least 3 times and nothing happened no error messages…

Please remove the form=Form1 from here:

<button type="submit" class="btn btn-primary" form="Form1">Soumettre</button>

as it seems to me it prevents the form from submitting. This attribute should not be there.

It should look like this?

<button type="submit" class="btn btn-primary" >Soumettre</button>

Yes exactly.

Now I see the error. It cannot find the server action at the location it is supposed to be:

https://vr-surlepouceinc.com/dmxConnect/api/contact-form/sendmail.php

I believe there is something wrong with your local /remote site configuration setup.

In fact I am actually running a test version and it is under “new1” forwarder and everything seem to be there…ftp

Maybe it is why it is not working because it is in sub folder (different from the local setup?

Well if your local and remote sites structure differ this is what happens.
They both must match. The locally defined root folder must match the server root folder.

That make sens, I will that, thank you again Teodor :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Teodor!
Sorry for the late reply (I have a regular job and work only a few hours per week on the website for now)

You where right, since I transferred the site to the root the contact form does work (sending email) BUT the email are blank with no data from the fields (name, email, message).
I am trying to find some info on what might cause this but meanwhile if you have en idea of what may be the cause please let me know.
https://vr-surlepouceinc.com/#contactbox

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hello, please make sure to follow the tutorial:

It explains how to bind your form data in the mail content. From what i see on your screenshot the Mail Content field is empty.

Ok I will look at the tutorial right now!
But I am not sure what you mean by " your screenshot the Mail Content field is empty’?
I give each field a specific name…

Well this is empty:

Screenshot_8

the mail script does not know what do you want to send unless you bind it in the content field.

This is from the server connect panel…I think I missed something from the tutorial because I have no idea what to put there lol

Please check the tutorial, it clearly explains step by step what to insert there …