Code View (Monaco Editor) Freezing - Wappler 2.4.1

This pretty much captures the freezing issue I am having.
@George Have sent you one of my files via PM.

Apart from this, there is another bug. Will make it a separate post if someone confirms:
Open two files. Edit one in code view. Then try to edit the other one in code view.
You will notice that nothing appears to be getting added in this tab, even though nothing is frozen.
Now go back to the previous tab and you will see all the new code at some random position on the page. :man_shrugging:

im having this issue as well
and i noticed that even when im not in the code editor whappler is super laggy.

All working fine here on Windows 10 with a measly 12gb of memory.

Could browser extensions installed in Chrome play a role in this?

I have 8gb RAM.
I don’t think Chrome browser extensions interfere with Wappler’s Chrome.

Was just a thought. I know the Chrome Reporting Tool is a resource hungry beast and really needs to be removed, and with Wappler relying upon Chrome I was wondering/supposing if there could be any other contributing factors based upon users Chrome installs…?

I have adBlock, uBlockOrigin, Privacy Badger, and HTTPS Everywhere installed and Chrome barely uses any resources (121mb of memory).

Oh. Did not know about this. Could be something to look into.

I’m glad to report that we have identified the issue!

It happens mostly on larger pages or after some intensive work in code view.

The new DOM Panel is refreshing too much on every code edits, even if it is not visible …

So we will improve that in the next update.

Thanks everybody for the feedback!

6 Likes

Have been driving me mad all day… can’t wait for the update… Is there a previous version that I could roll-back to?

+1 on that
i cant work on my project now. even when im on the design view. every action take 5-15 sec

1 Like

Starting to be a major problem for me as well. My page has about 300 lines on it and it’s taking about 20 secs after I make changes on it, and sometimes it will freeze for up to a min or longer after I click save. Turning a quick hour change into an all morning ordeal.

I wonder if there are particular factors which trigger this. I’m working on a page of about 300 lines and am not having any problems at all. Strangely, I was having problems before the last update.

I do close Wappler (full quit option) from time to time if I notice things are not behaving - eg earlier I applied the formatter to a value and it wouldn’t update. At this point, I restarted and all was well again. Perhaps this helps, but I haven’t been having the editor freezing problem since the last update.

Total editor failure. Can not make changes in any text. Can not cut/paste. Totally frozen. We need reliable system for production and do not need to have constant updates with little or no documentation. How can this be reset do that it is usable ?

Thanks,

As stated earlier this happens only after a long usage.

Fully restarting Wappler will fix the problem temporarily.

By fully restarting I mean right clicking on the tray icon and choosing restart.

All this will be completely solved in the next update.

This should be now fixed in Wappler 2.4.2

1 Like

The code view not works very well. Feels like using VSCode.
Still many bugs and quirks and features to fix/add (will create topics as I get time), but its really really great experience now. Thanks. :slight_smile:

I am still having freezing problems even after update to 2.4.2. The time between incidents seems to have improved, but it is still frustrating. I would also appreciate a return of the paste function to the the right click mouse key.

Thanks,

All typing delays and freezing issues have been solved in 2.4.2

If you still have an issue please file a new report with debug log, reproduction steps and preferably also video