Cloud Service Tutorial

Not so much feature request as a tutorial request. I’d love to see a tutorial on using Wappler with Cloud provided virtual machines, such as Google cloud. Including implementation with Cloud database services. I’m not sure if Wappler is configured for something like this, but I can only see cloud hosting services becoming more popular in the coming months and years.

I think you need to clarify more, cloud services is a huge and diverse topic. For example the hosting I use appears exactly the same as a shared hosting platform however it is a actually cloud based service instance. Generalisation like this becomes difficult to answer.

1 Like

Specifically I’m interested in connecting to a cloud service like Google Cloud’s MySQL from within a Virtual Machine. Have you ever attempted this or heard of anyone trying it with Wappler database connections?

I just quickly setup a mysql db in google cloud, and it works as connecting to any other database:

Just enter the address, db, user and password you’ve setup there.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply guys. Did you use the Cloud SQL to setup your mysql db? And did you connect to the database from a site hosted elsewhere outside of Google cloud?

Yes, just registered an account and used the dashboard Google provide.

Yes, I enabled the server ip (the server where my site runs) in the database settings.

1 Like

ok that’s very helpful. I’ll try find out what I was doing wrong. Thanks for your help Teodor.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing the tutorial. However, I want to use DigitalOcean instead of the Google Cloud. You see, I have already purchased a DigitalOcean secure server which is managed by Cloudways. So, if you could share a tutorial on explaining the process of using Wappler with DigitalOcean.

Hi Theresa,

Probably you will just have to check the Digital Ocean docs, to see how to connect to your server and use a database there.

Are you planning to enable migration to GOOGLE CLOUD. How close are you to:
“— soon we will be adding also Client Side Database and support for Google Firestore / Realtime Database - so you will have your database connections right where you need them to build even more sophisticated web sites and apps!”
It looks really promising