"Check if a Database Record Already Exists" not showing error message

I have followed the tutorial, and have entered the field name in Linked Field (UserName). The action is working properly but the error does not show when username exists. I have tried with and without validation on the form field. It is a txt input. Any help or ideas on where to look would be helpful.

Assuming you have set the linked field correct Have you any validation set in app connect for the same input?.

If there is no validation set such as “required” etc in app connect for that field then there is no error container in app connect to display the message

2 Likes

I am having the same issue. Don’t know what I am missing, but from server side I think the validate action is right.

And if I debug in Chrome I can see an error 400 when input a record that already exist (also not added to to the DB) and it looks like that the message is passed in a parameter.

But in the page nothing shows up. I have tried to add dynamic events on error to the form or an alert on top of the page, but there is no way to trigger the message.

In the Data Field (in the App Connect Validator panel) use the same name as your Validate Data Properties Name. So rename validate_1 to validateVAT. See if that works?

:wink:

What validation to you have set for input1 in the app connect form?

Changed the name validate1 to validateVAT and now it works. Thank you @Dave

@Hyperbytes: input1 in app connect form had no validation rules. Now I have changed it to “required” and it seems to work fine with the alerts showing. Thanks

1 Like

Yes, for the validate server action to work correctly, the form linked field must have a validation of some type attached to create a “container” for the error message returned from the server action

Would be useful if the Data Field Name adopted that of the Action Step Name inherently. Have seen this pop up a few times. @Teodor @George

Thanks @Hyperbytes for the insight. Would this also be true for the login forms? I’ve had issues with the alert not showing when an incorrect credential entry was made. I will have to double check to see if there was an oversight on my part to place a validation on both fields of the login form.

I guess so, not actually checked this out for a longtime and not in position to check as on holiday but I found that without some sort of validation applied to the input, server validation messages didn’t appear correctly. I suggest you just give it a try

1 Like

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

4 Likes

Looking forward to this explanation :joy:

1 Like

Oops,pocket post!

2 Likes

I thought we are up to Christmas surprise decoding challenge :joy:

3 Likes

Roughly decoded it reads “Brian has drunk a lot of beer and put his phone in his pocket with the community forum open” Thought you would have been able to decode that one easily!!!

5 Likes