Can't show the value of a "Set Value" in my NodeJS page content

Wappler Version : 3.2.2
Operating System : Windows 10

Expected behavior

The dynamic value should be displayed in my Meta Datas.

Actual behavior

The Set Value information is not displaying on my page at all if I try to show it dynamically. If I just put a text manually like “Hello world” it’s working though…

How to reproduce

1. Create a new Layout with some “Template Data” like: Title, Description…
  2. Create a new “Content Page” and assign the previously created Layout to it.
  3. Create a new “Server action” to get the details of a blog post for example and add a “Set Value” in the Step.
  4. In this step, select one of the information from the previous Database Query: for example, the title of the blog post.
  5. On the “Content Page” previously created, select the correct server action and select the “Set Value” name in the “Server Side Data” previously created for one of the “Template Data” created.
  6. Save and check your page.

My goal was to be able to get all the informations related to my blog post in the Meta Datas (Title, Description, Twitter title and so on…), but I can’t get it work with dynamic datas. It’s working if I just put the datas manually, but we loose the benefits of having a dynamic website/app…

As you can see in my picture, I tried to use the Set Value in Server Connect, AND selecting the request directly, and both of the ways are not working.
wappler-03

wappler-01

Thank you! :blush:

I tried again this morning and after one hour, I still have the same problem unfortunately.
Any idea?

@George @Teodor
I finally found what was the issue here, it’s because I have a dynamic attribute in the query’s condition:

If I remove the dynamic condition and replace it to static (replace “{{$_GET.annid}}” by “3” for example), it’s working perfectly.
So, for some reason, for this kind of request only, the data stored in my “Query Param” (which works great because my dynamic blog post content is already showing correctly and according to the Post ID stored in “annid”, which I retrieve exactly the same way : {{$_GET.annid}}) is not interpreted.

Maybe it’s because we should have an “Input parameter” here if we select a server connect action:
wappler-07

Exactly the same way we have this section when we add a “Server Connect” in our app:
wappler-08

What do you think guys?

Maybe there is a simpe workaround… :blush:

Thanks!

Aha good catch about using query parameters in the route server action! I will check it out and add them as inputs as well for binding indeed.

1 Like

Awesome, thank you George! :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey @George
I thought it would be included in the latest release, since it’s a big issue for SEO for example… :grimacing:

Is there any workaround for this?

Thanks! :blush:

This will be fixed in the next update, we could not make it happen for today’s update.

1 Like

Awesome, thank you @Teodor :tada:

This is now in Wappler 3.3.2

Check the guide of its usage:

4 posts were split to a new topic: NodeJS: image load path is required error

This topic was automatically closed after 31 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.