Can't add security enforcer 2.3.5/Experimental Mode

Wappler Version : 2.3.5
Operating System : windows 10

Expected behavior

When I have experimental features turned on, I can’t restrict access to a page. I click on app and then security provider enforcer, all the options are there. It see my security provider and user levels. But it won’t add it to the page no matter what i do.

Actual behavior

I just created a blank page and tried to add. Doesn’t add the code. If I switch back to non experimental features it will allow me to add the provider no problem.

Hello Baub,
We will need the debug log, so please do what is explained here:

And attach the debug log to this topic, after you recreate the issue in Wappler.

I just tested this and it works fine on my computer. Are you sure that you close and re-open your pages, after you enable the experimental features? Also what server model are you using and what file extension?

report_2019-10-19_13-22-34.zip (67.7 KB)

I am using IIS and .asp classic

and I had restarted wappler several times

What I mean is - when you have the file open in Wappler and enable the experimental features it is required to close and re-open this file, so the new code editor/design view is used Have you tried this?

yes I did that

This is not the debug log, but just a screenshot. Please follow the explanation in the link I provided and attach the debug log after you recreate the issue.

yeah I followed the directions. It doesn’t error out or anything. It just doesn’t put the code on the page. I’ll try it again.

report_2019-10-19_13-34-28.zip (57.8 KB)

Baub, just restart Wappler in debug mode and recreate the problem - i.e. try adding the enforcer. Then as explained in the instructions just attach the debug log here.
No need to error out or something. We will have the required info in the debug file.

its like when click ok, it just doesn’t do anything. Maybe thats why nothing is showing up in the report?

That is again just a screenshot. We need the debug file:

Yes Baub and the reason it doesn’t do anything is stored in the debug file!

chrome_debug.zip (10.0 KB)

ok, I’m kind of dense sometimes. LOL. Now I got it hopefully.

Great thanks, from what I see it seems to be a classic ASP issue only.
We will fix this for this week’s update.

that’s what i figured, so I wanted to let you know before the next update.

1 Like

This has been fixed in Wappler 2.4.0