Can Wappler build “real" apps?

We only did at first, don’t worry! We are happy that you are considering Wappler.

1 Like

Clearly. It is Saturday.

How is this toxic?

Seems like a bit of troll to me, the first post was definitely weird and provocative.

I think I’ll use Wappler for my app. It supports Framework7, correct? I’ve been trying to implement it in Bubble but I’ve been running into all sorts of issues.

It does. @mebeingken is Popdish maker(built with FW7) and he has written some posts on it. Including limitations and workarounds.

1 Like

Okay, great. This is one of the reasons I quit using Bubble, I couldn’t get the native feel of a mobile app.

Sounds familiar. I started bubbling in 2016 and my main app has 16 private plugins built by myself trying to overcome Bubble’s limitations.

Bubble is a great prototyping tool. Unfortunately the tech is just not there still when you need to grow.

You spend more effort fighting against Bubble than building things.

@rukevweb The reason is simple
wappler is not ready to build mobile apps
you can build great website as you observed. but i’ve been begin for updates to the mobile platform.

currently im using wappler as a code editor actually for my mobile app.

however they are interested now to make a change :slightly_smiling_face:

I can feel this. :sweat_smile:

Since Wappler doesn’t have a hosting plan, what would you recommend I start with? I’m extremely new to all of this.

How long do you think you will need to build it? Normally you would start developing locally in your own computer using docker(all handled by Wappler). Then in a few months time you will start thinking on hosting for the production app. By then wappler will most probably have added a few more options.

In other words: that’s a question for later I would say.

1 Like

i think he mean the database and backend

i would recommend backendless database. they have an awsome back-end logic also

Okay, then. But could I use Bubble as a backend? Or do I not understand what a backend is? Just because I’m more familiar with Bubble :smiley:

as you wish
if you can make API calls to them

1 Like

There is so much overhead going on with Bubble that building your frontend in Wappler and connecting to Bubble via API seems like a missed opportunity. If it allows you go-to-market faster you could consider it indeed.

But at some point you should start thinking about migrating from Bubble’s backend to your own backend built with Wappler or else.

You will never get a native experience if your app has to wait 2/3 seconds to retrieve data from Bubble API.

1 Like

Where does Bubble host their databases/APIs on Geocities? I’ve never used it but do read a lot about incredibly poor performance on the back-end…

LOL. Geocities. Good’ol times.

It’s an AWS PostgreSQL cluster hosted in the US. The problem is not the infrastructure. It is the app. The bottleneck is in the core of the product.

Ouch some work needed there then! Yeah man Geocities. You know you can download the whole of Geocities these days? Some real horror shows that I’d rather forget! :smiley:

1 Like

I just went through a youtube video of geocities history :joy:

1 Like