Can I use Security Provider Login with a 3rd party API

My API provider already provides the logon capabilities, how do I use the Security Provider Login with this. Also can other javascript SDKs be integrated in Wappler, for example, I am using Backendless as my data repository it provides both REST API and Javascript SDK.

1 Like

Hi @likklewayne, I think it is not possible. If you see the tutorial on the Facebook integration, it still uses its own database for the Security Provider. I have also tried using Backendless last month with the same scenario, but I still have my own database for the Security Provider. You cannot use the Security Provider with an API.

If you want to try, you can check the Facebook login tutorial to have an idea.

Similar to the Facebook integration, what I ended up with Backendless are 2 databases, the Backendless DB and my own MySQL DB. The main user accounts are in Backendless. The username and password I saved in my internal database is the email address and the ObjectId. Eventually, I removed Backendless in the design as I need to maintain 2 separate databases. Also, I like to have my user account database behind my web server.

You can integrate with different APIs quickly with Wappler.

Thanks for the quick response @zitroware , I will review the link provided :+1:

@zitroware Did you ever use the Backendless JS sdk as a part of your development?

No. I used the API.