Calendar/Schedule

We are getting there Dave :slight_smile:

Hope to have it for the next week!

9 Likes

I think this is another great example for Allow custom Flow components. Please vote for it.

It would allow fellow Wapplers to build the plugin (this is what happened at Bubble) and allow Wappler team to focus on more important platform features.

I’m quite happy to write my own code and yes agree that the feature you suggest would be great, and I shall vote for it, but 50+ people would like to see FullCalendar available from within Wappler (which speaks for itself)… Not everyone has the skills necessary to do this themselves (even with the feature request for custom Flow components)… It would be a huge attraction having native FullCalendar functionality within Wappler. Just my humble opinion.

Also thanks to everyone who has voted! Really appreciate your backing for this feature and I am sure when it is available it will be a game changer for anyone requiring scheduling and a truly established calendar provision, well maintained, with lots of documentation, and a huge user base!

2 Likes

Dave, I totally agree and didn’t mean to downplay this request. I only meant to provide another option that could help with future requests like this get built faster, possibly by other Wapplers. Kinda like WordPress plugins or other platforms that allow you to build things for yourself or others.

Long term it doesn’t stop the Wappler team from building other requests like this. Instead it could allow Wappler to quicken the traction of the platform by providing a common interface for everyone to build things. Based on previous posts from @george it appears they’ve already thought about this to some extent because he’s mentioned the platform has been built for extensibility.

1 Like

No worries, didn’t take it as such. Apologies if it came across in this manner. I think what you suggested is great and for the more advanced user makes a huge amount of sense. The attraction of FullCalendar within Wappler would appeal to many I’d imagine. It can be a pain to set-up and quickly become messy despite the best efforts of the developers. Wappler could really help relieve these issues and make it extremely accessible, and by-proxy an encouraging factor in attracting new users. And also for myself. I won’t lie. An easier way to deploy calendars would be more than welcome. Sometimes I don’t have the time to deliver full on customised implementations. Anything that can skirt around the complexities would make for a great addition to the already awesome software that Wappler has become. George, Teodor, and Patrick are well ahead of all of us. I’d love to be a fly on the wall when they discuss features and what they have planned.

:slight_smile:

Yep, and by allowing more advanced users to create plugins other less technical users could benefit. As an example, Bubble has three different Full Calendar plugins – one officially built by Bubble and two built by other Bubble users, so you can choose from multiple options. Some plugins are free, others have a fee (one-time or reoccurring).

1 Like

App Connect Event Calendar has been implemented in Wappler 2.7.0:

6 Likes

Thanks so much Wappler team! Can’t wait to try out the calendar function.

An EPIC day! I’m sure this will pull in many new users to Wappler! For me this will be a huge time saver and far easier than repeatedly creating custom calendars for clients. This is HUGE and the scope of usage is massive. Amazing, the Wappler team never fails to please and the users are always listened to. Unlike any other software vendor we know of in this space!

3 Likes

Baixar-Gifs-engraçados

This looks great!

Without wanting to be the one always wanting more…

I wondered if you had plans to include the scheduler functions in the future, and if so on what kind of timeframe?

I need to decide pretty soon whether to use the Wappler calendar integration in a project or not (it needs scheduler!) and it would be really helpful to have a rough idea of your future plans on this.

I guess it would be feasible to use Wappler integration for the calendar and JS to manage the scheduler?

Awesome work over the last few weeks, this and flow are amazing additions!

Hi @sbecks,
Can you provide some example of the scheduler functionality you need?

The Scheduler functionality for FullCalendar is a premium plugin. I suppose if you have a license for the Plugin it could be incorporated? But as I mentioned it’s currently commercial only. Unless you were thinking of an alternative that is?

It’s to manage resources. So rooms, vehicles etc. The calendar would show sessions and differing activities within the sessions. Both the sessions and activities would have access to resources that only show to select if they are available.

The scheduler views enable the resources to be viewed and managed easily, and really compliments the calendar view.

Thanks Dave, yes it’s a paid plugin though there is a default licence key that would enable usage in Open Source projects, whilst it would work to use the scheduler in development too I’m not sure if it would legally extend to cover that. It’s option 3 https://fullcalendar.io/license/premium

I’ve not found a better option for managing resource scheduling so I’m happy to pay!

It’s a very good plugin. We have also used the DHX Scheduler library and they did a superb customisation and deployment for us (a Client of ours a couple of years ago) for €1000.00, including the license. Worth taking a look at, and their team is amazing, much the same as the team here at Wappler!

https://dhtmlx.com/docs/products/dhtmlxScheduler/

Looks good, I’ve not come across that before. I have a few weeks till I’ll be on the scheduler so will try and give it a test run in the mean time, thanks!

1 Like

They do offer a free tier but with limitations. We love FullCalendar though, it is our primary resource for Calendars. You can filter using a select list or any input, url variable, cookie or session. Very simple to do now it’s integrated in to the BEST web development and application platform available in the world!! :wink:

Could you not put something together sbecks using dynamic data and a scheduled task (i.e. cron job) to check the calendar periodically and perform actions based on that data. I often run server actions via cron jobs to work as a scheduler/ dynamic updater