Buggy Undo/Code & Design Sync

Am experiencing very buggy hit and miss Undo and synchronisation between Code and Design View (just doesn’t update 99% of the time).

I make a change in Code View and the Design View does not update even after saving and refreshing the page. I have to save, exit, and re-open the page to see changes.

Anyone else having these issues?

The syncing process always stops when you have serious errors in the html.

Do you see the red alert balloon in the toolbar above - or errors in code view lines.

Yes but these errors are acceptable errors, I want some custom tags in there for various purposes, not all are errors, some are intentional. I appreciate Wappler aiding me in alerting me to ‘possible’ errors but like error checking in DW I want to be in control of it, and not have it hinder me in getting the job done. It is a real pain and something that could really do with an Off switch in the settings maybe, possibly, please?

:wink:

Aha - could you give an example?

As we only halt syncing on serious html structural errors - as those will otherwise just break the design view.

For example ID’s having the same Names, a label with the same ID as a form input for example? Error no sync. Silly thing I know but off the top of my head :wink: This should not be a reason not to render the page?

well just the double ID’s shouldn’t prevent syncing.
Must be some other errors

Not in this case:

nope

I can work around it for now as Wappler is otherwise superb, my issues are tiny in comparison to the time Wappler saves me, even with the occasional bug.

:wink:

Please let us know which kind of changes you made in Code View that it didn’t sync with Design View.

I tested with double ids in the document, it syncs both views in my case. The sync is not done when there is invalid html, like a tag that was not closed correctly.

If it happens a lot then please provide us a log file, that could help us find the source of your problem.

1 Like

Will do thanks Patrick.

I had issues with sync a few updates ago. 1.7.2/3 I think. No issues in the latest updates.

Although, if talking about UNDO only, its been pretty bad since I started using Wappler. When in code view, undoing just keeps moving the screen to top or bottom of the page and I don’t trust it at all.
If I make changes in design view, go into code view and undo, there’s no way to know what will be undo-ed.
So, I just don’t make too many experimental changes at once and hence don’t have to use undo. :sweat_smile:

Still having lots of issues with syncing code/design view and pretty much anything updated in the page. Undo is quite bad and really needs to be improved (hit and miss there). Most of the time pasting in to the document fails to render the html, have to save the page, close the page, and re-open the page to see changes. Same with most elements in the page.

Video attached:
wap.mp4 (5.0 MB)

OS info

• Operating System : Windows 10.0.17134
  • Wappler Version : 1.8.1

And you are really sure you don’t have any html structural errors? In the toolbar the check icons are clear?

I have a single ID error, and even when I edit this error and rename it, save, re-open, no errors, still no syncing takes place. Just an observation. If I edit the Title and click Save it syncs with Code view… Maybe it’s something to do with the ‘Save’ action not applying if something in Code View is edited for example…?

Further: If you don’t click Save it does not sync with Code View.

Could you make a video with the exact steps to reproduce from opening the page to applying the chances to show the problem. That will be really helpful so we can reproduce it from scratch.

Of course George. Please bare with me for a few minutes.

2019-02-05_18-01-39.mp4 (10.7 MB)

So weird due to it being intermittent. This time I edited the ID reported as an error, have done this before with no effect, and syncing between Code View and Design worked. But still does not appear to sync when the Title is edited in Design View and the Save icon is not clicked…?

There is definitely a correlation between the errors and the rendering/syncing of the page. Could error checking be disabled via Settings toggle? Just an idea I think was mentioned previously.

Wapplers too good to not use despite this little hic-up. Said it before and will say it again it’s so good!

Appreciate your time as always George, thank you.