Corrupted database connection file

OS info

• Operating System : Windows 10.0.17134
  • Wappler Version : 2.2.7

Problem description

…Server Action suddenly ceased to operate. Second report as no acknowledgment has come back from first report. Please follow the screen shots, as this action probably cannot be reproduced in correctly functioing system.

Screen Shot Opening: New load of Wappler opens correct file, but does not display Server Action Panel
Screen Shot Second: Manually opened Server Action Panel and Selected 2019 Geofence. Note No Server Actions were displayed. or accessible.
ScreenShot: Ope New - Open a New File in Server Action Note: Server Actions were displayed
ScreenShot NewConnection: - Database Connection chosen and list of Exisitng Connections Displayed. I chose BedfordFireBudget which had worked for weeks. The result of this choice returned
Screen Shot Error: This is a representation of the error message which only display for several seconds. There is a white shield with a red line in center icon next to the Syntax Error message.

Chosing any other older connection results in same error. Setting up s new connection does not work as it is impossible to save the Server Action file . This was previously reported and never resolved.

Clearly Wappler is unusable without being able to make a connection. I am connecting to my main remote server through FTP and it is not a cloud based service.

Thank you for your immediate attention

report_2019-9-10_14-47-57.zip (194.8 KB)

OS info

• Operating System : Windows 10.0.17134
  • Wappler Version : 2.2.7

Problem description

…Reoccurance of inability to make connection to database. I have previously reported this serious problem. When creating a Server Action, when I attempt to create a server connection, I receive an error message indicating that an unidentified token has been received and the program cashes. The existing server actions are shown in the panel, but they are inaccessible and do not load.

In this instance, the problem occurred after the creation and use of a number of server actions all using the same connection. There were no problems and everything functioned as normal. Of course this has occurred at the very end of a large project that is deliverable on Friday.

Although I doubt it is related, suddenly my google API key is being returned as invalid and even if I select a new one, the same error message is returned, however the API works with older pages.
Please help, I have no idea what to do.

Steps to reproduce

1. Add new server action
  2. Add connection

report_2019-9-10_12-32-17.zip (220.8 KB)

Hi @wld,

Seems to me that your connect file is somehow corrupted and can not be loaded.
This is an issue specifically to you and nobody else got it.

You might try to recreate your database connection file or paste the code of the previous one here for inspection.

Also note for future reports that you are reporting issues without logging enabled. So no log files is included into your reports. Please follow the instructions more closely next time

I appreciate your response. First a comment, that might provide a clue on what is happening. I very carefully, reloaded Wappler and activated the logging function. It took several attempts to open Wappler and the file that was created is what I sent. I realized that it did not look complete ( no log) but never considered that before.
In the earlier attempt at fixing this, I totally
uninstalled Wappler and reinstalled Wappler, but this did not improve situation.

Here is the connections file:

dmxDatabase.zip (386 Bytes)

Thanks,

This is not your connection file.

The Connection file is named as your db connection and an apsx file is created in:

\dmxConnect\modules\Connections

And in ASP.NET there is also a related JSON file at:

\App_Data\ServerConnect\modules\Connections

So please include both files as well the produced debug log.

Btw there is no need to reinstall Wappler in the cases you are discovering problems.

I do not have a directory called \dmxConnect\modules\Connections;

The directory that I do have is \dmxConnections\ dmxDatabase.aspx The file is attached.

(Attachment dmxDatabase.aspx is missing)

George Founder
October 11

This is not your connection file.

The Connection file is named as your db connection and an apsx file is created in:

\dmxConnect\modules\Connections

And in ASP.NET there is also a related JSON file at:

\App_Data\ServerConnect\modules\Connections

So please include both files as well the produced debug log.

Btw there is no need to reinstall Wappler in the cases you are discovering problems.