Files lost after Wappler crash

OS info

• Operating System : Windows 10.0.18362
  • Wappler Version : 1.9.9

Problem description

Project turns blank, design and split view unclickable.

report_2019-3-22_20-51-13.zip (29.6 KB)

Steps to reproduce

1. Occurs randomly, as reported here.

We need the debug log file not just a screenshot, please attach it as explained here:

Exactly did this.

The debug log will be then zipped togger with a screenshot from your current Wappler view.
The folder with the zipped problem report will be opened in Windows Explorer for Windows…

Weird there’s nothing inside the zip but the screenshot. Anyway here is the debug log found using Manual step inside folder AppData\Local\Wappler\User Data. I had to copy it manually into the zip. Not sure if it’s the correct one. report_2019-3-22_20-51-13.zip (34.0 KB)

1 Like

Did you maybe killed Wappler with the task manager? Or it crashed somehow?

I don’t see anything weird in the logs, maybe you can try to reopen the files (don’t save the blanks first obviously) and see if you can reproduce the problem. With logging on.

Sometimes it crashes when I click the about window (well now this happens every time I’d send separate bugs report) but crash doesn’t always cause this issue, but updating the software would [I remember be able to view and edit the project (after updated to the latest version) before I forgot what happened before I opened wappler again and noticed the project turned blank] .

I’ve killed wappler few times using task manager but unable to recreate the problem. Hopefully it won’t happen again for good.

Crashing Wappler often can indeed result in files lost as it didn’t had a chance to save the temporary files.
This happens only with unsaved files.

Maybe @patrick can investigate and improve the fail safe.

Thank you but I remember I’ve saved the file before. Even when the program crashed, it should have the last version of the saved file not completely blanked it.

Yes the file should be saved well on disk, just Wappler is opening the empty temp file.

So just close it ( without saving) and open fresh from disk