File problems when using Windows Share for the Wappler Project

OS info

• Operating System : Windows 10.0.18362
  • Wappler Version : 2.2.0
  • **display resolution: 4500 x 3000 px
  • **PC: Surface Studio

Problem description

Empty window in design view, code view and split view

In nine out of ten cases where I open one of my projects in Wappler, the design view, code view and split view windows remain empty. This happens to both php files and css files, which I open via the file tree. Only in one or two out of ten cases do the editor windows open correctly.
The phenomenon doesn’t appear when I open Wappler’s demonstration projects. Also in earlier versions of Wappler the problem did not occur (except in experimental mode).

Steps to reproduce

1. open Wappler-Project
  2. from file tree open index.php
  3. editor windows remain empty

Please Attach the wappler debug log as explained in:

report_2019-7-25_14-29-48.zip (167.9 KB)

you have only included a screenshot without the log. This is probably because you haven’t restarted with logging first as the guides says. Please do so, replicate the problem and send us the log

chrome_debug.zip (17.4 KB)

On what kind of drive is the project located? Is it a network drive or external drive?

It’s a network drive.

There seem to be some problems when Wappler project is placed Windows Share Drive/Folder.
We will investigate and try to solve them.

It is however really not advisable to use Windows Shares for your Wappler projects, because this is really slow. Even when it works fully - file opening and directory lists will be really slow.

It is much better and way faster to keep your Wappler Project on a local drive.

If you need backup - just use Git Version control that is available in Wappler.

1 Like