Mobile Cordova - Error when adding a target to a project

OS info

• Operating System : Mac OSX 20.6.0
  • Wappler Version : 4.0.4
  • Hardware : Mac Mini M1

Problem description

Started a new mobile project or open an existing one and select a target e.g. ios 6.2.0 then I get a TypeError in the Output terminal and the “loading” indicator (two spinning arrows) next to the selected target don’t stop spinning.

Steps to reproduce

1. Create a new project or open an existing project
  2. Select any target (tested with ios, android and electron)
  3. Get no errors or warnings and the target is reported as being added successfully but then the TypeError appears and the two spinning arrows never stop spinning.

report1631795595704.zip (177.6 KB)

Could you add a screenshot of the error and also when you restart with logging - then reproduce the error first, then send the logs. Otherwise we will get just a log file of clean Wappler start only.

Sorry, here are some screenshots and an error report after restarting with logging and trying a couple of projects and targets as the error seems to appear for every target on every project.

report1631806925773.zip (219.9 KB)

This is the text in the last image:

TypeError: Cannot read property 'unshift' of undefined at s (file:///Applications/Wappler.app/Contents/Resources/app/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/w2editor_cordova_manager.js:8:15776) at execCordovaCommand (file:///Applications/Wappler.app/Contents/Resources/app/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/w2editor_cordova_manager.js:8:15629) at e.refreshTargets (file:///Applications/Wappler.app/Contents/Resources/app/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/w2editor_cordova_manager.js:8:19162) at Object.onSuccess (file:///Applications/Wappler.app/Contents/Resources/app/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/w2editor_cordova_manager.js:8:13676) at Object.onSuccess (file:///Applications/Wappler.app/Contents/Resources/app/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/w2editor_cordova_manager.js:8:16063) at Object.onDone (file:///Applications/Wappler.app/Contents/Resources/app/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/w2editor_term.js:8:9399) at PipeSocket.<anonymous> (file:///Applications/Wappler.app/Contents/Resources/app/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/w2editor_term.js:8:7771) at PipeSocket.emit (events.js:327:22) at UnixTerminal.emit (/Applications/Wappler.app/Contents/Resources/app/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/node-pty/lib/terminal.js:148:34) at PipeSocket.<anonymous> (/Applications/Wappler.app/Contents/Resources/app/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/node-pty/lib/unixTerminal.js:87:27) at Object.onceWrapper (events.js:422:26) at PipeSocket.emit (events.js:327:22) at Pipe.<anonymous> (net.js:673:12)

A quick update -

This could be related to Homebrew and permissions.

On my MacBook I removed and reinstalled Homebrew and it seems to have cleared the issue.

However, I did the same on my Mini M1 and the problem still appears now and then, I also had to allow some “lib” files to execute (System settings and allow unsigned developer for each file) when downloaded (during system check and changes).

I think there are still some permission issues :confused:

I am guessing a Mac update was the cause?!

Did you had selected to install Cordova per project in the global settings / mobile?

We had a small bug in there with refreshing the toolbar when this option is used. It will be fixed in the next update.

This has been fixed in Wappler 4.1.3

This topic was automatically closed after 47 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.