Bug - data binding window blank when selecting dynamic data for a select box

Wappler Version : 2.7.2
Operating System : MacOS 10.15.4

Expected behavior

What do you think should happen?

When using a dynamic data source for a select component, you should be able to select the SC query, and then from that select the displayed text field and the value field from the dynamic action picker.

Actual behavior

What actually happens?

The data bindings window is blank when clicking the dynamic action picker (the lightning bolt) for the text field and the value field.

How to reproduce

Using the dummy data in the docker db on a fresh page
Make a server connect action to query the cars (or any other) table
Add the server connect action to the app connect page
Put a select box on the page (inside a form or not).
Use the server connect action as the select box’s data source.
The bug will then appear as you try to pick the text field and the value field.

1 Like

Hello,
nice explanation. This is the same as this one

where I provide a temporary solution for those who feel stuck.

Nope, they are not the same bugs.
Your bug is adding extra apostrophies to a data detail key value when they shouldn’t be there.
My bug is the data bindings disappear for a select components value and text field dynamic bindings.

yes I copy pasted the code from a previous select component (that now has this bug also) as a work around.

Well they actually are in the sence that all started because of the bug you are referring to. I mean that the bug you report and mine are describing the issue 100%. Because in some cases like the select menu, the bindings do not appear at all, and in other cases like a detail region, the bindings appear but they add the extra ‘’. Also if you try to hand type the values in the UI (when trying to bind in the select menu) they will be added with the ‘’

Thank you !

I am also having the same issue