Ben Pleysier added a great Admin-Users VIDEO in December 2021

My Go-To Guy @ben !

Ben Tutorial : Admin App in Node.js & Wappler

Oh, and check out his Github

4 Likes

I concur. Benā€™s videos have helped me immensely. Itā€™s got something to do with watching a project being built out in front of you where you can see the workflow as much as the steps in each module.

Iā€™m a bit behind atm but I plan to do a ā€˜Big Ben Bingeā€™ session :copyright: to catch up. :sunglasses:

There was a request a little while back for training videos to include how to make clones of sites like AirBnB, Facebook and Ebay ā€“ real world apps ā€“ but unfortunately that got shot down by those who said ā€˜who wants to make clones?ā€™. Well, I donā€™t want a clone but Iā€™d love to make one of each of these as a learning project.

Iā€™m not familiar with Bubble but I understand that was one of their main draw cards: ā€œMake a XYZ clone with Bubble: Hereā€™s Howā€. Thatā€™s awesome marketing. Who wouldnā€™t be tempted to join up just to make their own Facebook or AirBnB simply by colouring the numbers?

Anyway, Benā€™s vids are pretty close to doing that so thanks Ben. Much appreciated.

2 Likes

What a CLONE does, better than a tutorial, is to illustrate current best practices in a comprehensive suite of ā€œproblem solving logicā€.

Looking at clones of directory or ā€œsocial mediaā€ extends beyond a tutorial, which must stay within a confined space to be practical. A full app or website must contain the myriad of solutions to interfaces a client or the public typically asks for.

Following the logic path of Apps that Work is a cascade of ā€œah-hahā€ moments.

A fully working Wappler Mobile app with Framework 7 and Bootstrap 5(etc) utilizing dynamic APIā€™s to a few of the most used databases is a huge Tutorial in itself.

1 Like

Zeroqode, a third-party company based on bubble, started a business by creating dozens of clones. There was a market there. Bubble as a company didnā€™t build a single clone though.

I donā€™t understand why nobody has filled that gap here. It seems to me it could be quite lucrative.

I agree, the only issue we have encountered, we did think about doing this, was the support factor. We used to offer bits and pieces on Code Canyon and Envato but the support overwhelmed us. Sales were good but the support sideā€¦ Nightmare! Despite fully commented code and very good documentation.

We went as far as creating a store for this (pulled it offline as just too much work right now).

1 Like

As a Wappler-centric desire it makes most sense to all of us to see how a Wappler Developer (such as Ben ā€“ who created a Blog app) would create a generic Twitter-like clone using Wappler functions & Wappler frameset.

As for a gap ā€“ some purists rejected the idea I offered that using Wappler to hook in to Wordpress plugins structure is a HUGE, GARGANTUAN MARKET that enterprising Wappler developers could rather easily tap.

I mean, instead of trying to market yourself as a new Developer over months of time ā€“ Wordpress offers an IMMEDIATE Market, Publishing, Distribution chain OUTSIDE OF the big Apps directories who can be difficult to please for myriad reasons.

Package a Wappler App (using Wappler database creation, functions, libraries, etc) as a Wordpress Plugin and offer it on Codecanyon.net, etc. etc. Plus in the Wordpress Plugins Library.

Download as a Wordpress plugin to solve a specific problem using your own API, Webhooks, etc, Wappler functions & solutions & either allow it to escape the Wordpress scope or to stay inside the Wordpress browser view.

Of course it will work with Wappler developed apps when you understand the Wordpress plugins structure ā€“ which is demonstrated in many docs.

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND the Upturned Nose Sniffers who feel ā€œwordpressā€ is somehow a tainted, impurity that must be avoided BECAUSE WE USE WAPPLER for ---- what? CODE DEVELOPMENT !

Bragging about the Openness of Wappler, PLATFORM INDEPENDENT!

I am not for a moment suggesting abandoning Wappler. Iā€™m talking about thinking outside of the box ā€“ not fettered by ā€œloyaltyā€ or ā€œpurityā€ ā€“ and consider the ways you can not only learn Wappler backwards and forwards, but develop a reputation and a business as well.

The Latest WordPress Statistics For 2021 (Editors Choice):

• WordPress powers 39.6% of the internet in 2021, a growth of nearly 5% from 35% in 2020, and a 4% rise from the year before.

• If you count only the CMS-built sites, then 64.1% of them are WordPress ā€“ 4% growth from 2020.

• Over 400 million people visit WordPress sites each month.

• In 2016, nearly 118 billion words were published on WordPress

• But WordPress is not only for blogging ā€“ nearly 28% of all e-commerce goes through WooCommerce

• 281 new WooCommerce shops appear on average every day

• 661 WordPress sites also pop up daily

• WordPress.org offers over 50,000 plugins and over 4,100 GPL-licensed themes

• In 2018, the non-English WordPress downloads were more than the English ones

These facts and numbers are important because WordPress plays a crucial role in the online business environment.

May I inquire as to why you have not undertaken your own suggestion @NewMedia? Why not give it a go and report back on your endeavours, may well inspire others?

My personal hatred of Wordpress comes from hosting thousands of Wordpress sites when we offered hosting (around three thousand or so sites). Everyday hundreds of hacked installs, and going back to the support factor I mention above, it overwhelmed our team dealing with them all. Aside from that I think Wordpress is great. Probably like many users here we had many a site based on Wordpress, and some amazing developers out there with some seriously sh*t hot themes and plugins on offer.

I must go back to the original post of your thread and say that @ben is a pillar of the Wappler community and a very generous man. Iā€™m sure there are many (if not hundreds) of Users here who have followed Benā€™s tutorials and downloaded his repository from Git. A true gentleman with a big heart. Canā€™t praise him enough!

3 Likes

Here here! Canā€™t agree more!!!

2 Likes

The problem I see is that a lot of people market their egoistic needs as the next big thing for Wappler.

The great thing about Wappler being source available and extensible is that anyone could potentially build what they need but unfortunately not many do.

Ben is one of a kind!

2 Likes

45ā‚¬ā€¦too cheap for the amount of support requests you were going to get. Understandable you didnā€™t continue offering that.

1 Like

I canā€™t help but feel many responders are MISSING the point ā€“

I am suggesting ONE OPEN WAY to MONETIZE WAPPLER as soon as you have learned your way around Wappler ā€“ without having to capture 1 client to develop one propietary App using Wappler when you are a newbie .

The mere fact that you think a response to my post about this is justified simply by your personal HATE for Wordpress is infantile.

I totally UNDERSTAND HATE FOR WORDPRESS.

Big deal! Whoopeee! But it is a completely IRRELEVANT RETORT!

I developed dynamic JS & databased sites for real estate owners when Wordpress was just climbing up the ladder as one of many CMS platforms.

Iā€™ve hosted on maybe 15 different major hosting companies all over the USA, UK, Germany, Mexico, Switzerland. Some were php & mysql dynamic sites, some Wordpress, some other CMS, the last 8 years custom development for Beiersdorf, Hamburg representing Nivea products, Hansaplast bandage products, Bausch & Lomb eyecare products, Eucerin face care products, products manufactured by Soventol in Germany, https://soventol.de/ ā€“ on and on ā€“

For these clients I created the database structures, the logic coding for whatever report they required for their field representatives, client pharmacies with databases of 15 to 20+ thousand internal records just to validate logins & customize reporting forms.

Plus registration apps for their webinars, training events , ETC all over Europe.

And the Admin Dashboards so that the top executives for these companies could see the sales & activity day-to-day.

All of this by myself.

I have had enough experience to know that I have made a valid suggestion.

4 popular products have been shaped by my critiques & demonstrations of how to improve them. And Iā€™ve been vindicated about projections Iā€™ve made over the past 15 years that first gained me forum ridicule.

I havenā€™t devoted time to Wordpress because I do have current projects.

It doesnā€™t in the slightest invalidate my Think Tanking.

Did you actually read what I wrote? Seriously get over yourself.

True enough. I believe I was referring to some posts that Iā€™ve received where replies WERE, to me, ā€œinfantileā€!

:blush:

Hey guys. We all put food on our tables, but that doesnā€™t make us entrepreneur superstars.

We are all mediocre at best(and I am being generous) having some fun building things and sharing our thingies on this community.

No matter the number of clients or their names we are still mediocre or else we wouldnā€™t be hereā€¦believe me. Those mentioned companies are also. Trust me I work for one that eats them for breakfast and we are mediocre as fuck :joy:

If there is a market for a clone/wordpress/drupal/joomla/web3 plugin get of your ass build it and make yourself rich.

P.S. Wordpress can suck my hairy elbow.

3 Likes

A surprising number of the leading international Multi-Billion Earnings companies here in Switzerland, France, Germany, Italy use EXCEL sheets as their major or ONLY Data tool.

Exports from online databased forms could only be useful internally in the companies if they were exported as Excel files.

Their Data/IT guys had created their own ā€œsolutionsā€ for saving Data.
Including non-normalized field types that could be written in text, or numbers even if they couldnā€™t be used as manageable data.

One of the bigs required me to create an API generating custom created exports to connect to multiple tables in their house COBRA database server ā€“ a DB that I guess goes back to the 80ā€™s.

And a surprising number of clients in major cities rely on the fax machine to even transmit proprietary data.