BaseComponent.js bug in 4.9 when using external JS libraries

Wappler Version : 4.9.0
Operating System : Windows 10
Server Model: NodeJS
Database Type: Postgres
Hosting Type: Docker

Expected behavior

What do you think should happen?

Before the 4.9.0 update I had a number of functions in my webapp all working perfectly that used external libraries Full Calendar (for the scheduler component) and Syncfusion for more detailed charts.

Today, a lot of it is not working and any time I use or function in the front end UI i am getting a ‘BaseComponent.JS’ error.

ReferenceError: Hash is not defined
    clear clone.js:111
    d clone.js:100
    set clone.js:175
    v clone.js:322
    v clone.js:350
    v clone.js:187
    v clone.js:345
    propBinding BaseComponent.js:556
    $updatePropBindings BaseComponent.js:432
    $update BaseComponent.js:359
    update BaseComponent.js:371
    $update BaseComponent.js:370
    requestUpdate appConnect.js:318
    <anonymous> appConnect.js:283
    EventListener.handleEvent* appConnect.js:280
    <anonymous> appConnect.js:277
BaseComponent.js:377

I believe this is related to event listeners and ‘onclick’ actions.

All i know is that the buttons i’m pressing would all usually send data back and forth from the UI to the Full Calendar or Syncfusion JS scripts usually with dmx.parse etc.and run some custom JS function.

There are probably 20-30 different occurrences of this error over the webapp that i have found, so it’s hard to pinpoint exactly what’s causing it.

Nothing has changed in the actual HTML, so the dmx-on is still the same as it was before the update.

See:

Hey @George and @patrick while this did remove the Hash error… all the functions i was testing are still not working.

I’ve narrowed it down to the fact it seems that dmx.parse is not working at all when used in a SPA.

I’ve tested with a brand new project, and it works for a plain HTML/index page, but doesnt work if its used in a SPA with Layouts/Content pages.

I will log a separate bug report as this is a huge issue and breaking bug for me right now