Bad screen design for query builder (important!)

you can see the result

13.3 inch screen
2560*1440 resolution

Hello Serhat,
Is this happening in any specific situation?

Hello Teodor,
I think database field names are too long …or space

I have created like this server action

query 1 – Good

query 2 – Bad Screen

query 3 – Bad screen

Thanks, maybe @patrick should improve this.

1 Like

Will try to improve it for the next update, seems to happen with long table/field names making the select to large.

2 Likes

Thank you …
@Teodor, @patrick

sql builder ‘between’ usage error (I cant see storm icon)

Hello, does this only happens if you have many conditions there?

Hello @Teodor,
always happen

Ok we are going to check this.

1 Like

There are one or two related issues you might check at the same time. Eg these tabs have been hidden when there are many steps in the query:

(I think this has been the case for some time - perhaps always)

I think these overlapping issues are since the last update:

… but using this screen will never be ideal unless somehow it’s possible to make more space available - particularly for expressions in the third column. It’s a pity it doesn’t make any difference if the query builder is full screen (it would be great if it were possible to improve this).

@patrick will improve this in the next updates.

1 Like

Anyway if I have to agree, that Screendesign of that query builder can be improved, I need to say that this query builder is so helpful. A big compliment to @George , @Teodor and whole developer team for that genius component. That saved me so much time. No more using external query builder, manually changing incompatible LEFT JOIN, OUTER JOIN (MySQL / SQL) and many more shitty stuff. It makes fun to develop queries again. Greetings from Thailand :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Most or all of the bugs are solved in version 1.7.1. Let us know if there are still some issues, else we can close this thread.

Hello @patrick ,

Tabs working very well , no problem (tabs problem solved ) but field names and operators dropdowns needs more improve .

Serhat - you don’t have to write full poems as table names you know :slight_smile:

1 Like

:))) yeap but it is voipnow (4psa.com’s database table ). its not my table
and please check this screen shot (new)

you will see dropdown icon inside mysql operators field

1 Like

weird I thought we fixed that - well @patrick will check it again.

1 Like

Thank you @George