#backColorPicker Console Error... What is This?

I’m getting the following console message about #backColorPicker, but I’ve never put such a thing in my design…

Does anyone know where it is coming from?

color

Well you have some inputs on your page having same IDs.

I’ve never ever typed those ID names in my life… I don’t use that kind of format!
And I have never placed any kind of colour picker element in my site!
And I’ve just done a search in every design file of my app and the word backColorPicker has not been found!

:confounded:

Please provide a link to your page where we can check this :slight_smile:

I assume you are not using Tiny MCE text editor anywehere?

1 Like

Hey Brian, that is a thought… no I’m not, but I do have two instances of Summernote from before it was integrated into Wappler!

I’ll try taking those out later and… well I bet that may fix it!

THANK YOU! :slight_smile:

Yes, it will be an instance of something like that you are using twice on the same page

1 Like

@teodor, I’m back on the case of trying to tidy up this issue…

So when I do a search for backColorPicker in my app, I get the results shown below… so the backColorPicker is part of a Summernote.

So I guess that technically I shouldn’t have more than one summernote instance on my page? :thinking:

As my app is all one page, then I actually have five, hence the message…

Is there anything I can do about this, or shall I just let the console warning roll…?

Which version of summernote do you use? I believe it is a very old bug.

How can I see which version it is? :thinking:
I’m on Wappler 3.9.7.

Get the latest version from their website: Getting started (summernote.org)

HI @patrick, yes, I can do that.

So does Wappler not update the latest version of Summernote, or if I upgrade everything from Wappler 3.9.7 to the latest version will I automatically get the Summernote upgrade?

Antony, the updates come with every weekly update. As you are running a version 1 year+ old (released Apr 30, 2021) you missed A LOT of updates, including the summernote update.

1 Like