AWS docker deploy and IP change

@Teodor, @George - this is an amazing feature btw. But I am experiencing a recurring bug.

When you create a new docker machine, and choose AWS - everything works perfectly. You can then choose to deploy - and I can indeed verify first deployment does indeed work - and the original IP address when opened results in displaying the newly deployed app.

This is where it gets a bit strange.

The next thing I do, is go in and assign an Elastic IP so I can route my DNS, this all works fine.

However, I then get docker errors:

Restarting all services …
ERROR: Couldn’t connect to Docker daemon. You might need to start Docker for Mac.
Error Restarting Services!

Oddly, the IP Address I was originally given by Docker sits in the target still, but when you look at the docker machine - this is now displaying the new elastic IP.

I cannot change the target IP because the security certificate has the original IP address.

In docker machines settings - I then have an error on ‘state’:
Screen Shot 2020-08-22 at 2.27.21 pm

I’ve done this twice now just to make sure.

One other simple question - the pricing in the list when you choose machine power, I assume this is minimum per month pricing?

Yes indeed there is a catch with the IP address.

If it changes then we loose control of the deployment from Wappler.

There are many topics about this on AWS support and docker.

So the best is to not change it for now and just stick with it.

We are researching for improvements in that area.

We need the elastic IP to point the domain at the server - so it’s not really possible to stick with the initial IP as it can change - so I’d say this is not really a useable implementation (sadly) until resolved?

Nothing to worry. We found a way.

In the next update we will add possibility to change the IP address of the created AWS server, so you can enter your Elastic IP there when you have assigned it to your EC2 instance created by Wappler.

4 Likes

Let me fix this for you guys because you don’t get enough credit for this.

Nothing to worry. We found a way…on a Sunday of August.

Above and beyond as always.

4 Likes

Amazing!! Thank you @George. Impressive.

Totally.

Wappler Rocks.

1 Like