Autocomplete field vs static value

Hello,

I am using an autocomplete in a form. The autocomplete is working fine. I would like to give option to users to enter a static value if they can’t find what they are looking in the autocomplete option. However every time the result is not found and I put a static variable the input field with autocomplete option erase the words.

Is there any recommendations for me on that ?

Thank you in advance

The is now an option you can check to not clear. That said, I haven’t found a way to get the value of the text field for a static value. If the field is required, it fails validation since it techinically doesn’t have a value since a choice wasn’t selected. Trying to work around this now. I may have to use the No results action and put something like “click to add name” and when clicked, have it hide the autocomplete and show a basic text field.

Just realized this question was 4 years old and he’s probably long gone, but perhaps it will help someone else. Also, if you have a way of using the no clear where you can grab the value of the text field of the autocomplete, that would be great. I was going to put a hidden text field that would contain the value typed into the autocomplete text field, but can’t access that value, only the selected value.