Attention: Development Studs in Coffee Lounge

How many here figured I was addressing you, in particular?
:thinking:

A Tutorial on Queries for Charts would be timely.
It is hardly addressed by current docs & tutorials, as far as I can tell.

Dashboards for Clients with various “Business Intelligence” chart illustrations is a Big Current Trend now at least a few years in its growth.

But what I see is that Microsoft dominates with tools.
Oracle, Salesforce & other companies have met this corporate demand with high-priced cloud & very high-priced desktop installments.

But Wappler is one of the few applications that touts being able to configure charts with Live, Dynamic data straight from the database connection. Most solutions require uploading json or csv “fixed” data.

Who routinely is generating dynamic charts with filters using Wappler DMXConnect queries that can handle multiple conditionals per database columns?

SELECT a.article_id, a.name, a.address, a.state, a.question1, a.question2, a.question3 (etc…)

where (a.question1 = 'Book store')
   OR (a.question1 = 'Coffee Shop')')  (etc ...)

FROM online_form a 

Where I have another 10 columns of text variables to Group into their own filters.

I want to present a chart that by default contains bars for all the query categories accounted for.
Then the User clicks which Categories they want to be Excluded and the Query dynamically changes with each Category filter Excluded or re-clicked to be Included again.

If this is a server side php to mysql query do you routinely use CASES in mysql to name filters?

Or in the browser, pull all data, then use javascript related filters acting on json data in the browser using Redis, for example?

I realize there are so many “solutions” in use today.
So I want to confine creating my own project to techniques in use by Wappler-ites in MySQL and node.js projects.

Or can you point me to a deeper tutorial using Wappler as the one-in-all tool?

Thank you for thoughtful replies!

Hi, may be this can help u: Using apex charts with Wappler

I have been using Apex charts for dashboards and other needs and it works very well.

1 Like

I think this may be EXACTLY what I need!
Ik ben je zeer dankbaar!
Se lo agradezco mucho.

1 Like

Thx Max, I was able to EASILY implement an Apex chart based on your help in that thread.

HOWEVER, I have not seen anyone address and integrate a proper BI DrillDown into a demo.
Trapping the click events would be necc. to “come back into Wappler” and modify the query params, fetch new data and then draw the next chart.
Drilldown has always been hard in tools using 3rd party charting solutions. Of course, if you’re paying a ton for a special BI tool, then it has to have this ability. But who wants to do that?

You can see a nice Drilldown example in HighCharts, but its a simple example that has all the data already in the embedded JS - not very realistic.

2 Likes