Asp oddity with sorting

Been working on an ASP.NET job and found a little iddity with the sorting options.

I have a normal paged query to a MS SQL database, very simple, select statement to get 5 columns, where column X equal false and sort on a datetime column in DESC

All works great, all sorting works well, i can click on any header item to swith to sort on that column in ASC or DESC, the only column the sort will not work on is the default one set in the original paged query. I can click that header column as much as i like and it does nothing. I never realised this till i had used the same system about 20 times, on 20 different tables, in 20 different pages, so i know its not an error on my side, because i doubt i made the same mistake 20 times over.

Assuming its a bug in ASP.NET, but would like confirmation if anyone can.

Hi Paul,
Are there any errors in the browser console?
Did you add SELECT * or did you select the columns and added them in the query builder?

I had to select each column, using the SELECT *, i could not get any of the sorting to work, also there are no errors in the console I can see.

So is it only one column the sorting is not working on, or is it on all columns?

Ony the one column

Whichever column is set to ORDER BY stops working, so if i change the ORDER BY to another column, then that column stops working and the previous one then starts working.

Your login details i gave yesterday and URL Teo are actually for this same job if you want to take a little look if it gives more insight possibly.

I was not able to reproduce the problem, sorting works correctly in my case. Here is an update that fixes an other issue (sorting on alias/aggregate column), perhaps it also fixes your problem. Just unpack the files in your Bin folder.

DMXzone.ServerConnect.DatabaseConnector.zip (26.9 KB)