ASP.NET pages with Security Provider Enforcer generates errors

Wappler Version : 2.26
Operating System : Windows 10

Expected behavior

What do you think should happen?

When applying Security Provider Enforcer to restrict access on an ASP.NET page, the code place on the paged should not contain errors

Actual behavior

Code place at the top of the page to make the page security works contains 39 errors, as validated by Wappler. The page still works, but Wappler should be validating it’s own generated code as ok.

How to reproduce

Create a site with APS.NET server side language.
Create site wide security
Click " Security Provider Enforcer to restrict access to your page.
Code is auto-generated at the top of the page.

Again, the page works but now you have all these errors listed and it gets quit confusing when you actually do have errors on the page.

I guess the bigger problem with this is because there are errors on the page, the design view does not refresh like it should. So if I add/delete code, the App Structure panel does not update. I have to close the file, then re-open it. Then if I change anything, I have to close, re-open again. Not the ideal situation for sure.

Have reported it last August.

It seems to be still in pending.

Well I guess I missed that post. I thought I had searched for it. George’s response is not correct, you can’t just ignore them because it causes the design view to not refresh. Do you experience this as well? It seems ASP.NET support takes a back seat to PHP, as there has been numerous issues related to the ASP.NET server side functionality.

It is indeed that the linter doesn’t recognizes the asp.net inline c# code

We are however working on a whole new integration and synchronization of code view based on the new Monaco editor and design view that will offer a much better integration.

So with it this problem will be solved.

Do you have an ETA on this? Currently is it nearly impossible to use Wappler to build secured pages with classic asp or ASP.NET.

Change the code block to:

<%@ Page Language="C#" %>
<%@ Import Namespace="DMXzone.ServerConnect" %>
<%
App.Exec(@"{
  ""steps"": [
    ""Connections/Doclink"",
    ""SecurityProviders/DockLink"",
    {
      ""module"": ""auth"",
      ""action"": ""restrict"",
      ""options"": {
        ""loginUrl"": ""login.html"",
        ""forbiddenUrl"": ""login.html"",
        ""provider"": ""DockLink""
      }
    }
  ]
}", true);
%>

We will update the security provider to generate the new code in the next update.