Argon2id hash password verify and login failed

I would like to know what can be causing the problem of unauthorised result of login in Wappler.
i have setuped register, login functionality for users exactly following your documentation for login, argon2id hashing for password, but i could not make it work. please help

Note: i have manged to register user and i can see the user in the database with argon2id hashed password.

Hello, do you get a console error message in your web browser?

yes its unauthorised message

I’m running PHP 7.3.15 and can’t use Argon so have to use bcrypt. I am getting the same problem. I have added the hashed password (using the cryptographic formatter when adding the password) and have set up the security provider and login steps with ‘Use Password Hash Verify’ selected (and no formatting on the values) and the relevant table, ID, username and password fields in the Users & Permissions setting. I have tried resetting the pw several times too to account for poss typos - still comes back as ‘Unauthorised’

Did you follow this tutorial? Using Argon2 Secure Hashes

Especially the option Use Password Hash Verify should be enabled in the security provider.

Thanks @patrick
Yes. Followed it and gone back and forth a few times to check. I m probably missing something obvious but I can’t spot it.

As I put in the last post, the hash was applied when inserting the pw, no formatting applied when logging in:

Users & Permissions also filled out too.

Same here… i have done all the steps as shown in the documentation. no luck.

oh man… thanks for this. it worked for me. i did mistake on the login step password formated to hash argon2id. i just removed and test it out it works :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m having the same unauthorized problem using Argon2id.

Is the a minimum version of PHP or some special PHP package required to make it work?

Yes I believe minimum PHP version is 7.2