API Call OK on desktop but not showing on mobile iOS Safari and Chrome

I don’t think the API returns different results depending on the device. If you inspect the API result directly, does it show the correct value?

There is a known bug in Safari with timezones, it is possible that this bug is causing the error. You need to do some more debugging to see where it goes wrong. We already know it is not in the date formatters, you figured out the TZdiff.value was already wrong. In the code for it you use TZhours and TZsplit, did you validate these values?

Sure I’ll do more debugging. How do I inspect on an iphone?
Thank you

I’d like to know this as well.

This is a pretty good description: https://betterprogramming.pub/debugging-your-iphone-mobile-web-app-using-safari-development-tools-71240657c487

You basically turn on the web inspector on your iPhone, show the developer menu in Safari on your desktop and then connect your iPhone to your desktop. You then use the dev console of safari on your desktop but for the web app on your iPhone.

Thanks @mebeingken. This is a solution for Safari/Mac and I work from a PC.

UPDATE: this issue is both on Safari iOS and on Chrome iOS.

@patrick You’re correct it’s not the Wappler formaters that are the issue. The API itself is either not queried, or doesn’t answer on mobile (unlikely, this is an agnostic Microsoft VirtualEarth API)

Here is the API parameters (https://dev.virtualearth.net/REST/v1/TimeZone/?key=XXXXX)

The query value is there(userIdentity…city), and appears on Desk and Mob. But no API query or return on mobile.

Wanted to give you an update on this API issue.
I used Microsoft VirtualEarth API for timezone calculations. Works very very on desktop, and I can’t think of a reason why it wouldn’t be the same on a mobile browser, given the coverage of Microsoft and the usage of Virtual Earth. Nevertheless, either Wappler handling of the data or the API itself wasn’t displaying well on a mobile browser.
I made a test with Google Geo APIs, and the API and Wappler’s diplay of the data is working well.