API Action Properties Pass Errors Bug

Wappler Version : 4.6.3
Operating System : Windows 10
Server Model: asp Classic
Database Type: M$ SQL
Hosting Type: Private Server

I had a series of pages that stopped working that were using API calls to grab some data. Everything was working as it should be got call from client this morning that it wasn’t. After some research I realized that the pass errors check was choosen. I turned that off and all started working as it should. Now I don’t know how long this has been going on. But guessing there might be a glitch in wappler that is reversing the state somehow?

If one of the API request fails with “Pass errors” checkbox enabled, the whole script stops. Disabling such checkbox causes the script to continue even in the event of an API request error

So, most likely, one of your API requests is failing

My point is I didn’t check the “pass errors” checkbox to start with? And if I uncheck it then the script works

Wappler’s default is to have such box checked. I’ve made a request for the Wappler team to change this behaviour and leave it unchecked by default:

The script may work, but e.g.: repeat’s may not have any data to repeat coming from a failed API request. Are you sure the script is processing all data as intended?

Positive. All its doing is grabbing a token. And if the “pass errors” is unchecked it grabs the token and works no problem. the rest of the server connect scripts won’t work without the token. and like I said before, I didn’t check the pass errors box, and all the scripts that were using that all had them checked. Maybe I’m hallucinating, but maybe the api provider changed something? I’ve have issue resolved just by unchecking it. But still guessing there might be an underlying issue, because I am always good about stumbling on to them. LOL

That’s a pretty odd thing! Can you tick the checkbox again and post here the error you get? Supposedly, that error would come from the failed API request

Also post the response headers (open your browser’s developer tools -> network)

I can only guess the API started answering an HTTP error code different than 200 (OK) by their developer’s mistake, let’s see if that’s the case. Or, there’s indeed a Wappler bug :stuck_out_tongue:

well now I’m not getting the error. Maybe it was an API provider issue? I will look at it a bit closer and do some more testing and get back to you.

1 Like