Android SDK

Hello,
I’ve manually downloaded both Android Studio and Android SDK tools, but Wappler’s system check keeps telling me that Android SDK is missing :unamused: When I first downloaded it, I extracted it into the same “Android” folder that contained Android Studio. After getting the “missing” message, I moved it to its own folder within Program Files, and changed the name of that folder from “tools” to “Android SDK”, hoping the system check would be able to find it more easily. But that hasn’t worked.
Can anybody help? This is taking way too long.
Thank you in advance.

You download the Android SDK’s through Android Studio. The thing about Mobile Design and Wappler is first you must have all the required Android tools/prerequisites installed.

Open Android Studio - Help - Check for Updates - Install them.

Open Android Studio go to Tools - SDK - SDK Manager - And install what you require.

You will need an Emulator or two depending on your preferences. Tools - AVD Manager - Install Emulators.

After this little lot reboot your PC.

Wappler allows you to manipulate the design side it will not set-up your Android Development Environment (IDE). You will have to play around a lot to deploy your APK. Be prepared to hit StackOverflow a fair few times! I did write some documentation around Mobile Development in Wappler but it will only get you so far, the rest is out of Wapplers hands and is something you will need to investigate. I’m not putting Wappler down here you must understand. Even Android Studio can’t get it right! Good luck.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you so much, Dave!! I’d have been well stuck if you hadn’t explained this. StackOverflow - here I come!! :+1:t6: :+1:t6: :+1:t6:

1 Like