Amazon AWS

Hi All,

Am new to this and slightly panicking. I signed up to AWS Free tier (or what I thought was free) to connect to docker and deploy my staging setup.

I’ve only had it on for a couple of days and already managed to run up a bill. Its talking about EC2 instances, and even though I’ve now closed the account, the billing is still going up, so I’m confused and in a bit of a panic as I don’t want to end up with a bill

Here is a screen shot

Any ideas on why this is, what I’m doing wrong or even how to stop it.

If you deployed to Docker a few times you may have to purge it to remove unncesery usage as old images will still remain on the service, and the storage for these old images can soon mount up in to many GB’s.

You can clear these files from within Wappler itself. In the Terminal choices area, at the bottom of the Wappler interface, within your Docker Project you will see a little drop down that enables you to select SSH. Click on Host Server SSH and Wappler should connect to your Docker environment on AWS. Then you can use the commands in this thread to Purge them, which will take your file storage down on AWS. Explained here, with images too:

See if that helps drop the size, and therefore your associated costs.

1 Like

Besides the above there are many factors within AWS that can bump up the costs. One of the worst is Route 53 Resolver costs associated with any hosted domains on AWS. Looking at your invoice it doesn’t appear you have any costs associated with this service though…

Here is a tip for any AWS customer. We regularly receive $100.00 of credits for taking part in surveys. For the past few months these credits have covered our AWS costs entirely. We just received another $100.00 for a survey that literally took five minutes (which spurred me on to mention this before I forgot). This is not some BS affiliate scheme by the way, just a heads-up.

Simply sign-up here and wait for the questionnaires and surveys to be sent to you:

As you can see it is not an affiliate link, it is direct, I make nothing from you signing up.

Simply a money saving tip for AWS Users!

:wink:

2 Likes

I just signed up! Thanks! I can refer you a beer someday!

1 Like

We did three in November and just did another. Like I mentioned above right now it is covering our costs. Some can take a little longer than others to complete, the questionnaires, but non take longer than five - ten minutes. Basic stuff like documentation issues, recommendations, staff interaction such as support etc. Nothing ever too invasive or personal. Usually the credits are deposited about a week after the submission of the survey or questionnaire… Pretty good way to offset the costs of AWS for a few minutes of your time.

Indeed!
I’m in need of SNS and SES for some personal projects so what you’ve done well deserves 6 six-packs.
Do the credits expire?

1 Like

Yes but you have plenty of time to redeem them, this was our most recent Credit in today:

Código da promoção: PC1PDZLA*******
Validade da promoção: January 31, 2023
Valor da promoção: 100 USD

1 Like

Would be nice if it was in BTC!

:smiley:

1 Like

Are you planning on “acquiring” an ugly gif with that?
@teodor has one for sale. Or had! Maybe he is already rich.

1 Like

Another $100.00

This survey should take 5-10 minutes of your time. To thank you for your participation, those who complete this survey will receive a $100 AWS gift code within 2 weeks after it closes. We want to give everyone ample time to respond to the survey, and so we will keep it open until 01/28/2022. Please expect to receive an email with your credit code on or before 02/11/2022.

:smiley:

Just got that survey in my inbox! Dude, that’s 1.000.000 emails from AWS SES!

Thanks Dave for sharing this!

1 Like

Makes a difference, happy to hear you got in on this one @JonL

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Check your inbox @JonL

Yeaaaah!

I will redeem the code later this week when I get around it! Thanks buddy for the tip! I am going to spam the hell out of someone with SES!

2 Likes