After upgrade to 5.0.0, wappler-command attribute is visible in code editor

Wappler Version : 5.0.0
Operating System : Windows 11 Pro version 21H2
Server Model: NodeJS
Database Type: MySQL
Hosting Type: Docker

Expected behavior

What do you think should happen?

The wappler-command attribute should not display in the code editor.

Actual behavior

What actually happens?

After upgrading to Wappler 5.0.0, all of my web pages have a huge number of html tags with a wappler-command attribute visible in the code editor. The page with the highest amount has 122 different html tags that have a wappler-command attribute.

How to reproduce

  • Detail a step by step guide to reproduce the issue
  • A screenshot or short video indicating the problem
  • A copy of your code would help. Include: JS, HTML.
  • Test your steps on a clean page to see if you still have an issue

Upgrade from the newest version of Wappler 4 to Wappler 5.0.0 on a Windows 11 PC.

Do you know when this happens, was this after some text editing in design view?

I checked my commits and it doesn’t look like it happened right after the upgrade like I originally thought. The first commit that includes all the wappler-command attributes was committed the next day after upgrading. In between the upgrade and that commit, I did do a lot of text editing in both the Design view and the Code view. I also moved some sections around by copy/pasting them into different positions in the Code view. It’s difficult to pin point exactly what I was doing when it happened, but I’ll keep trying to reproduce it on my side. The strangest part is that the wappler-command attribute is now included in every piece of content on the page (paragraphs, headers, images, and buttons), including the content I haven’t edited in months. The images have a value of updateImage, and the rest have a value of editContent. Also, one link and one container have a new contenteditable=“false” attribute I’ve never seen before.

I just found another strange attribute I’ve never seen, wappler-empty=“undefined” on six different modal close buttons.

I was able to recreate this on a small scale. Every time I edit an html ordered list I have inside a modal in the new Text Edit Mode, a wappler-command attribute is added to each item in the list. Sometimes when I edit the list, wappler-command gets added to the other pieces of content in the modal as well (buttons, images, and headings), but not every time like the list items.