After upgrade to 5.0.0, wappler-command attribute is visible in code editor

Wappler Version : 5.0.0
Operating System : Windows 11 Pro version 21H2
Server Model: NodeJS
Database Type: MySQL
Hosting Type: Docker

Expected behavior

What do you think should happen?

The wappler-command attribute should not display in the code editor.

Actual behavior

What actually happens?

After upgrading to Wappler 5.0.0, all of my web pages have a huge number of html tags with a wappler-command attribute visible in the code editor. The page with the highest amount has 122 different html tags that have a wappler-command attribute.

How to reproduce

• Detail a step by step guide to reproduce the issue
  • A screenshot or short video indicating the problem
  • A copy of your code would help. Include: JS, HTML.
  • Test your steps on a clean page to see if you still have an issue

Upgrade from the newest version of Wappler 4 to Wappler 5.0.0 on a Windows 11 PC.

Do you know when this happens, was this after some text editing in design view?

I checked my commits and it doesn’t look like it happened right after the upgrade like I originally thought. The first commit that includes all the wappler-command attributes was committed the next day after upgrading. In between the upgrade and that commit, I did do a lot of text editing in both the Design view and the Code view. I also moved some sections around by copy/pasting them into different positions in the Code view. It’s difficult to pin point exactly what I was doing when it happened, but I’ll keep trying to reproduce it on my side. The strangest part is that the wappler-command attribute is now included in every piece of content on the page (paragraphs, headers, images, and buttons), including the content I haven’t edited in months. The images have a value of updateImage, and the rest have a value of editContent. Also, one link and one container have a new contenteditable=“false” attribute I’ve never seen before.

I just found another strange attribute I’ve never seen, wappler-empty=“undefined” on six different modal close buttons.

I was able to recreate this on a small scale. Every time I edit an html ordered list I have inside a modal in the new Text Edit Mode, a wappler-command attribute is added to each item in the list. Sometimes when I edit the list, wappler-command gets added to the other pieces of content in the modal as well (buttons, images, and headings), but not every time like the list items.

Fixed in Wappler 5.1.4

This topic was automatically closed after 47 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.