Action Scheduler - Speed - AC1 vs AC2

Action Scheduler - Speed - AC1 vs AC2 - Dont know if its a bug… dont want to mark as a bug … so ill wait for a reply… or if the way it processes things now are done differently.

Server Model - PHP

I have a scheduler that runs every 3 seconds.
<dmx-scheduler id="schedulerreloadlots" dmx-on:tick="latestauctionimages.load({});" dmx-bind:delay="3"></dmx-scheduler>

With AC1 its as smooth as butter and the Dom loads very quickly

Times of 571ms - Load 718 and everything works for hours and hours.
AC1 Video… look at the speed the scheduler refreshes and when i used the paginator

Please look at the video below and compare the latestlosts_p.php

With AC2 its slows down and the DOM time is quite a bit

The issue i have is that the site then eventually becomes very slow and the scheduler goes “pending” then load…

AC2 Video… look at the speed the scheduler refreshes and when i used the paginator

Ok i have tracked it down to this.
<dmx-datetime id="var1"></dmx-datetime>

What file controls this? either in the dxmConnectLib or dmxConnect folder? as i want to use the “older” version and see if it might have an impact? @patrick

you can’t just use the older version, as it’s App Connect 1 code.
Is this component set to refresh interval of seconds? Does it make any difference if you set it to another interval?

i will give that a go to set it to a longer time in seconds… eg 10 and will also try minutes
Just to see the response. I will try to “eliminate” things as I go.

I was asking about the date and time component, not about the scheduler. Does it make difference if you only change the interval from seconds to something else?

Setting it to minutes just causes other troubles from my website as it was all build around the seconds interval …

<dmx-datetime id="var1" utc="true" interval="minutes"></dmx-datetime>

Do you need this component to refresh time every second? Is its value used anywhere where it requires to reload every second?

Well yes because its an auction site and i always check …the time against the server time… but let me see if i can do a little work around… i wonder if its because of AC2 now being so fast … as it worked perfectly on AC1 :slight_smile: but it would be great if one can get it to work as before… so i dont know if its a bug… or not…

@patrick can provide more details here.
But that’s exactly the case where you want to use sockets for live refresh and not reload api actions every other second :slight_smile:

I understand that but I did explain to you last time the limitations and cost about NodeJS hosting in South Africa. We went down this route and it worked better than expected with the scheduler and smooth as butter with AC1. So im sure its just a small thing :slight_smile: … “hopefully”… as i cant be the only one using datetime with seconds :slight_smile: crossing my fingers.

Just to show - AC2 with
<dmx-datetime id="var1" utc="true"></dmx-datetime> if i change this to
<dmx-datetime id="var1" utc="true" interval="minutes"></dmx-datetime> it does not really stop te lag, but then nothing else will work on my site as it also checks this time against the server.

You will see the response from the scheduler in the video. And if i want to place a bid … then it takes forever… and wont work… because of the time being out now. Using <dmx-datetime id="var1" utc="true"></dmx-datetime>

These 2 videos are only for comparison

AC1 with
<dmx-datetime id="var1" utc="true"></dmx-datetime>
Here you will see the same site… same database same everything … but just using AC1
The schedulers goes fast… and when i place a bit instantly… and when i click in the console with insert i can see the values…

Worst case i will just have to stick with AC1 forever. But I’m sure this will come up again with other users in the future as well.

Bump. :slight_smile: @patrick please can you provide more details on why this is happening please.

I can always DM you the links if you want to see this via LINKS AC1 vs AC2

Thank you

1 Like

If you could share some links in a DM it would be helpful for me to do some performance tests. It is difficult to say with the videos what is exactly causing the difference and if AC2 speed is actually slower than AC1.

Will do thank you Patrick