About Wappler and its small community

Brian I follow all kinds of web-development workflows and make it my job to know how they work. I regularly drop into the forum to see what is going on and what progress has been made.

I ask myself would I ever use Wappler, could I ever see myself using Wappler. As yet no, because it doesnt have the wide spread support I would need as a developer who moves things quickly. I can feel the frustration of many posters asking what are relatively easy or simple questions but not knowing how to achieve that with Wappler or can it even be achieved with Wappler.

The reason I responded is because the OP had not received an answer and I had a genuine solution, albeit using code. Code was better than nothing. I knew quite possibly Teodor would intervene quickly if there was a Wappler centric answer so in effect I got the OP the answer they wanted. Thats a job well done to me.

And no I’m not missing the point. The only point is to get the job done with Wappler or by some other means or are you saying if no one provides a Wappler centric answer then there can’t be an answer.

I think it’s time to lock this thread.

1 Like

I just moved the off topic posts to the coffee lounge category, where anyone can discuss anything related or not related to Wappler :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I moved out of DW and into Wappler and my skill level is designer, not coder but not without some. I have a lot of pc-based database experience (Clarion, Dbase, Paradox) and even with MySQL in the last few years, but nothing on the scale that Wappler has allowed me in the last few months when I became a member. I have never had the easily learned functions that Wappler has simplified.

I am already more literate with Wappler than any web publishing app I have used in the past decades. As a matter of fact, I have never been more excited about an application since I got my first copy of Clarion in 1983.

Brian, thanks - your videos have been immensely helpful. I look forward to more.

Dana

9 Likes

Teodore with your 3500 members, you could probably hire a full time support person who is actually empathetic instead of dismissive. I would strongly suggest to do that. I love the product, don’t like the support.

Strange that many of our users don’t really share your thoughts about the support we provide:

Pff typical response. You are actually proving my point of you being dismissive.

Horrible response.

I’m sorry you feel the way you feel about the support. The last thing I want to be seen as is “dismissive”. I’m just providing some feedback from the rest of our users, who say one of the best things in Wappler is the support :slight_smile:

In my experience it’s actually you being negative in your replies when we ask for more details about the issues you report. I remember you stopped replying to us saying “I don’t have time to waste explaining more details” :slight_smile:

Neville, the point of the community here is to help each other.

And that is what the big advantage is, sharing experiences and learning from others.

I don’t see how complaining about bad support can help here.

Maybe try to get more involved and also help, just like all others instead of just complaining.

1 Like

I sometimes don’t even get a reponse to my questions on the forum, documentation is scarce and sometimes non-existent. I mean I really want to love Wappler, I really do.

But you can’t just dismiss me and others like the_coder just because “you have 3500 member and most of them say it’s great”. Then you dismiss my point of view, instead of trying to understand it.

I’m not wanting to be negative just randomly, why would I do that? But I am a paying customer and I deserve just as much understanding when I am critcal, as I do when I am positive (which I actually am a lot)

George if this was a true grass-roots community of likeminded individuals who came together to talk about something (and I would pay Wappler nothing) then I would agree. But I actually pay you a monthly contribution for using Wappler, so if the community has no solution you should provide a solution. Because I am paying you…

I don’t want to join to a community, this is not my intention with Wappler. I’m paying for the product and what it can do, the community part is not interesting for me personally. I just want support, I want to achieve my goals with Wappler. I have a social life already, I don’t need another community.

I also don’t mind a community of course, I think it’s an added value for lots of users. But personally I just want my problems solved the fastest most efficient way possible. That’s all I care about.

We’re actually trying to help everyone here. If you have not received a reply, that’s probably because we missed your topic/post/question.
Try tagging us in the post so you remind us it’s there.

As for documentation - it would really help if you can just point what is missing there?

Actually the community is a really important part of Wappler. We actually listen to the community and do/change/integrate the options/features which the community needs and requests :slight_smile:
Maybe take a look at:

Then remember that there are companies like Adobe, who NEVER LISTEN to their users.

Ok I will tag and let you know about documenation Teodor.

But guys I’m pleading, just try to understand, instead of just saying “You are being negative”. I have no interest in being negative. I’m just direct and honest, and a bit crude in how I express it sometimes.

I also don’t care what other companies like Adobe do, I am not a customer of them. It has nothing to do with Wappler imo.

Ok Nevil, thanks for the feedback - we will try to be more helpful to your requests and problems.

1 Like

It’s huge! Through the use of these forums I have learned some capabilities from support questions that I didn’t even know Wappler had. And so many features have come directly from this community. I’m on the Adobe forums every day as well as I am an Adobe Community Professional and I can tell you that the team here goes over and above compared to Adobe team members.

I don’t get people that complain about the support. I read every post on here and very seldom do I see one that doesn’t get answered.

Well Nevil, we can also do it the Microsoft way, where you pay for the base product and have no support and have an additional dedicated support plan that you pay also like 200 euro per month and be allowed to report only 5 bugs. Will that please you more?

Also the 3500 members here are not all paid members, many use just the free version of Wappler. So your earning calculation is not precisely right.

Only ever received superb support here and back over at DMX, infact it’s faultless in my opinion, not one complaint. Sometimes you get out what you put in. I’m not paid nor a ‘fanboi’, simply a happy User and supporter of a great product. FREE support these days is as rare as free momey, hens teeth, and rocking horse-sh*t. It’s a huge benefit thrown in with the Wappler and should not be underestimated.

No hard feelings Nevil. Just my two cents.

2 Likes

This is again my point, why the snarky response George… It’s just not good support imo.

I don’t know how other companies charge for these kinds of things, but if you would explain it calmly and educate me and then I would understand. Which I now do in this case.

I have zero reference points in this industry, I’m not a coder by trade or anything. I run a 10 person (non-tech) company and I have a just a very different point of view about customer support. But hey maybe I’m just being to demanding. Sorry for being a pain in the ass in that case…

Thanks Teodor :slight_smile:

@nevil

You can always give me a shout if you think I can help.

@George

You know I’m always here for you too :smiley:

4 Likes