MySQL NULL requires the .default('') formatter

Since version 1.5.0 I found that where I have NULL values stored in my database that are bound to my page I have to use a data formatter of .default(’’) or a paged query seems to not clear remnants of previous pages as i move from page to page, which gets very confusing as it gives the impression of my data being incorrect.

I know I have privately reported this to the Wappler team however I see it is still like this in version 1.5.2 so I am just making sure that this is something being fixed and not actually a normal requirement moving forward?

Hi Paul,
As I explained in our private conversation, this behavior is by default - i.e. do not update data in a repeat region, when the value returned is null. This is a big speed booster.
The only situation when this may cause an issue is like in your case with a paged query and null values in the db. The solution there is to assign default values where you may expect null.

Sorry Teodor, I did not understand that fully, makes sense and anything to boost speed is good in my opinion. Thanks for confirming.