3.0.0 rc4-golden master - open in browser problems

Hi,
There seems to be an issue with opening certain files in the browser. Im using Chrome, Microsoft 10.

• Static pages 2 out of 9 have problems:
    1) works in preview but when open in browser - it goes to file explorer - see screenshot
    2) has the layout ejs icon but is an html file- see screenshot - when open in browser get error message - see screenshot
  • Dynamic page based on a layout similar to static 2 above in that get error message when open in browser - see screenshot,

regards

You are getting a 500 error.

Follow the steps in this doc and check the browser dev tools for details of the error.

Your main layout page is outdated.

We have changed the syntax few beta’s ago.

You might want to recreate it or change the:

<%- include(content, { data }); %>

To

<%- await include(content, locals); %>
1 Like

Hi Brad, Thanks… the pages work fine in preview mode and i had already turned on debug mode and used the inspect… but there is no info.

Static page - The message on the screen talks about failed to lookup view - see screenshot

Dynamic page - same as above but the message seems to talk about things not being defined - see screenshot

See my comment above

I just checked a node test site that I started a couple betas ago and had the same issue. Changing the code as George suggested above solved the issue.

The code to change is on the layout pages.

Excellent many thanks

1 Like